Why did we need a redesign?
The existing design of Pricewise.nl had aged over a decade. Throughout this period, numerous optimizations were undertaken on the platform; however, the comprehensive user experience remained relatively unexplored. The digital landscape, ever dynamic and trend-driven, still upholds the timeless principles of exceptional user experience. While trends evolve, the core essence of good UX persists. Following the discontinuation of vergelijken.nl, an opportune moment emerged to reinvigorate Pricewise. It became evident that for a substantial improvement, the focus must be steered back to user experience.
Conducting discreet research, I delved into the depths of UX enhancement. Rooted in this research, a novel prototype for Pricewise emerged. This prototype was not merely a visual overhaul, but a profound transformation of our design philosophy and the narrative we sought to convey. The subsequent sections will delineate the alterations in design language and outline the fundamental UX principles that underpinned the endeavor.
At the outset, I formulated ten definitive design principles for Pricewise, centered around user needs, contextual comprehension, and data-driven design.
- Establishing an indelible brand experience by leveraging our signature colors more prominently.
- Harnessing user affordance by ensuring that elements visually align with their intended functionalities. Be it buttons, input forms, labels, or links, every element should intuitively convey its purpose.
- Employing familiar shapes to enhance affordance, thus minimizing the cognitive load for users.
- Applying established UX principles like the Law of Proximity to enhance visual organization and coherence.
- Mitigating cognitive load to ensure users can navigate effortlessly.
- Employing persuasive design techniques to boost user motivation and engagement.
- Implementing sticky filters on result pages, offering users continuous control over their browsing experience.
The overarching goal was to transform Pricewise into an exemplar of user-centric design, where every aspect resonates with user intent and creates a seamless journey towards informed decision-making. The incorporation of sticky filters, ensuring constant user empowerment, was a testament to this commitment. The result was an elevated user experience that harmonized design, functionality, and user psychology.
I crafted an interactive prototype using Figma, allowing the company to immerse themselves in a tangible experience. The feedback garnered was overwhelmingly positive, signifying the value of the proposed changes. Regrettably, the project’s scope began to transcend the original company objectives, prompting the decision to put the project on hold. Nonetheless, I remain optimistic about its future development. The groundwork has been laid, and I anticipate its realization at some point down the line. The potential impact on user experience and overall business objectives makes it a compelling proposition for future endeavors.